The result was a delicious smoothie for Will and I and some Ice lollies (popsicles) for the girls! Win win!
Beet-Maca smoothie (serves 4)
5 large beets, juiced
2 carrots, juiced
3 apples, juiced
Juice of 2 limes
1/4 of a cantaloupe melon, seeds and skin removed
2 tsp maca powder
2 handfuls of ice
Handful of fresh mint leaves (optional)
Throw everything into a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Serve right away!
Beetroot, apple and strawberry Ice lollies- makes 6 lollies
Juice of 3 large beets
Juice of 2 apples
Juice of 1 carrot
Juice and zest of 1 lime
6 large strawberries
Allow 1 strawberry per ice lolly. Finely slice each one and pop into the lolly moulds- place slightly up the edges so you can see the strawberries in the finished lolly- this looks cool!
Sprinkle a little lime zest into each mould.
Top to nearly full with the beet, apple and carrot juice and pop a lolly stick into each one.
Freeze for a couple of hours or until set!
CAUTION! Beets stain! I gave the girls these lollies while in the paddling pool ;) Outside is a good place to enjoy them and keep away from light clothes!
Also another super cool thing happened while we were away on holiday in Wales, I got nominated by Miss Messy of 'Mess makes food' and Gghie from The Red Apron for the 'One Lovely Blog Award'! This is so cool, especially as it has the word 'lovely' in it- that is a pretty flattering word, as important as the food is, I hope people do think of this blog as lovely!
It is also a great honour to be nominated from these guys. Both their blogs are inspiring,so much so I'm nominating them both back!
Thanks so much for the nominations guys :)
The rules of this award are as follows:
1. Link back to whoever nominated you.
2. Write 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Nominate 11 bloggers.
So here are my 11 facts about me:-
- I went to the University of Brighton and studied History of Decorative Arts and Crafts
- I worked as a window dresser for a year at Brighton's amazing (now sadly closed) department store 'Hanningtons'.
- I cannot sing. But I love to sing!
- I cannot click my fingers. This amuses my 5yr old daughter who can click her fingers...
- My favourite band are the Rolling Stones.
- I love the seaside, especially coastal walks. I don't do sunbathing...
- My favourite colour is green.
- The Phantom of the Opera is my fave musical.
- The top country on my list of places to visit is Romania. One day I'll make it there :)
- I dislike computers, but spend alot of time on them!
- I'd love to add herbalism (especially British and Native American) to my studies one day...
The bloggers I nominate for this award are: